Saturday, February 23, 2008

Shaq Face

I've been thinking about this for days now. In Shaq's debut with the Suns everyone knows he was very bad in the first half and very good in the second half. What bothered me about the whole thing was during the first half Shaq had a rather peculiar look on his face.

His mouth hung open and he was dripping sweat. His eyes weren't quite focused. He was taking quick shallow breaths and looked worried. It didn't look the same way an athlete does when he's just plain winded. It looked different.

I just moments ago remembered where I've seen this face.
It's the same face a guy who's just eaten way way too much greasy food makes. A whole pizza and a couple dozen chicken wings is a sure fire way to trigger this. It's the unnerving feeling that there's a great big avalanche of evil coming out of you, one way or another. You just don't know which end it's coming out of.

I don't know why he was making this face, but he clearly was.

Maybe at halftime he got to take a dump? Maybe the second half Shaq is what we will see with some Metamucil every morning?

I don't know, but I finally placed that uncomfortable face he wore for the whole first half and feel the need to tell someone.

No comments: