Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Mike Miller Sweepstakes and the Titanic

The deadline approaches and the suitors are lining up for Mike Miller. Denver, Cleveland, Miami, New Jersey have all been linked to Memphis in the past couple days trying to get in on the fire sale Chris Wallace is holding.

It would be nice to see him end up in Cleveland or New Jersey, because I just don't see him being able to help either Miami or Denver all that much. Doesn't he deserve to be on a competitive (or potentially competitive) team? I mean, he's been playing in Memphis for how long now? In Cleveland he's probably more valuable to the team than Jason Kidd would have been. Except of course for the whole pleasing Lebron factor. I guess that is an important one.

Far more interesting than any Mike Miller trade, at least from the driving past a car wreck perspective, is the currently in the works Vince Carter trade. The Knicks get Carter, the Heat get Eddy Curry? and the Nets get to clear more cap room. I'd steal a joke from Stephen Colbert here and call this trade rearranging the deck chairs on the Hindenburg but Vince Carter and Eddy Curry are clearly more like hand grenades than deck chairs. Well, Eddy Curry's like a really really fat hand grenade.

Also from todays sports world, over on yahoo sports you can find this article predicting the Cavs missing the playoffs and Mike Brown being fired. Just a few days ago Terry Pluto of the Cleveland Plain Dealer stated in his column that "Mike Brown is doing the best coaching of his three seasons..." Then to make matters more interesting Skip Bayless flew in out of the stratosphere today to predict the Cavs would win the eastern conference. Something very loud and decisive about KG being soft was Skips reasoning for the Cavs coming out of the east, but I always feel overwhelmed and frightened during Skip Bayless segments so I could be mistaken.

It's also important to note that I am well beyond giddy for tonight's Lakers - Suns game. I genuinely have absolutely no idea how this is going to play out. Last I checked the line had the Suns as favorites by 4.5. Personally, I think I'm rooting for the Lakers tonight. Hopefully I'll figure out why sometime during the game.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.